2016 Dream Bucket List Adventure In South Africa Feat. Ulusaba & Mont Rochelle
EXPERIENCE THE BEST OF SOUTH AFRICA!
Get up close and personal with Africa's Big 5 on safari in South Africa and taste some of the country's finest wines whilst indulging in superb cuisine. Spend 4 nights at Ulusaba Private Game Reserve and 3 nights at Mont Rochelle for a twin-centre South African dream itinerary.
Ulusaba is Sir Richard Branson's Private Safari Game Reserve located in the Sabi Sand Reserve in South Africa. Ulusaba is known for the quality of its safari experience, with some of the most experienced Rangers and Trackers in the country. All guests at Ulusaba can expect luxurious accommodation, outstanding food, twice daily game drives, safari walks, unforgettable views and plenty of smiles while in the African bush.
- Fly into Johannesburg (JNB) or Kruger International Airport (KMIA)
- Take connecting flight to Ulusaba's private airstrip via twin engine aircraft (1 hour 20 minutes from Johannesburg / 30 minutes from Kruger). There are daily scheduled and charter flights available.
- Or you can arrange a ground transfer from Kruger International Airport. It takes approximately 2 hours by car to get to the reserve.
Mont Rochelle is a stunning 22-bedroom hotel and vineyard just under an hour's drive from Cape Town in the town of Franschhoek in South Africa. Franschhoek is a traditional vineyard town in the Western Cape Province famously known as the French Corner of the Cape and is considered to be the country's food and wine capital.
Escape to this picturesque corner of South Africa at the foot of the Klein Dassenberg Mountain Range for relaxation and a superb culinary experience accompanied by outstanding wines.
GETTING THERE FROM ULUSABA:
- Take a scheduled or charter flight out Ulusaba to Kruger International Airport.
- Board connecting flight from Kruger to Cape Town International Airport
- 45 minute transfer from the airport to the hotel via pre-arranged car service through the hotel concierge; or you can make rental car arrangements and drive to the property on your own
*For travel between May 01, 2016 - Sep 30, 2016
NUTS & BOLTS
- Take a direct flight out of New York or Atlanta to/from Johannesburg
- Additional Johannesburg-Cape Town roundtrip flights need to be booked
- Expect to spend at least $900+ for roundtrip tickets to Johannesburg from New York JFK
- Expect to spend at least $1200+ for roundtrip tickets to Johannesburg from Atlanta
- It takes approx. 15 1/2 hours to get from Atlanta to Johannesburg via nonstop, direct flight
- It takes approx. 14 hours 50 minutes to get from New York JFK to Johannesburg via nonstop, direct flight
CUSTOMIZABLE TRIP ITINERARY:
- Day 1: Check in @ Ulusaba. Settle in @ the reserve. Elephant experience. Watch the sunset. Go to sleep early
- Day 2: AM game drive with Ranger & Tracker. Get a spa treatment in the afternoon and relax by the pool. Private dining experience under the stars.
- Day 3: Safari walk after breakfast. PM game driver with Ranger & Tracker. Wine tasting @ Safari Lodge wine cellar
- Day 4: Cascades and Canyons Spectacular excursion or Local Volunteer Experience
- Day 5: Souvenir shopping @ the gift shop before your departure. Transfer & check-in @ Mont Rochelle. Explore the grounds by foot or bike. Dinner @ Miko
- Day 6: Quick dip in pool and use of the hammam. Picnic lunch (they will prepare a basket for you). Go on an afternoon hike
- Day 7: Horseback riding & wine tasting. Shopping @ Franschhoek village
- Day 8: Breakfast @ The Country Kitchen. Spend a few hours exploring Cape Town before your flight home
THIS TRIP IS PERFECT FOR A:
- Leisure Vacation
- Anniversary Trip
- Romantic Couples Getaway
- Birthday Celebration