Airbnb Crush Of The Week: Hideout Lightroom – Eco Bamboo Home (Bali)
Even as a travel agent, I see the value in staying at Airbnb properties. I've done so in the past and will continue to do so whenever it makes sense. Every trip is different. It goes without saying that I have no problem with my clients who decide to use Airbnb – provided that they understand that I can't vouch for any host. I always say that any and all online reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. Nine of out ten times Airbnb properties are the same in real life as depicted in their listing... if not better.
Thus, this post marks the beginning of my "Airbnb Crush Of The Week" series. A curated collection of the dreamiest Airbnbs that I would definitely stay at in my own personal travels. In short, you have to utilize the search features effectively to find the real hidden gems and properties that are pretty much sold out year round.
Location: Selat, Bali (an extremely rural part of the island)
Rates: From $119 per night
Availability: Extremely in-demand! Mostly sold out until August. Decent availability from October onwards.
Sample cost for a 5-night stay: $683 total (using October 14-19, 2018 as travel dates)
What is it?: A private eco-friendly bungalow in a jungle oasis
Who should stay here: Couples with a sense of adventure
Why stay here:
- Superhost property which means your experience will be on-point.
- For a rewarding local experience. This is what Airbnb is all about!
- THE DESIGN 😍It's one of the most Instagram-friendly places I've seen.
- It's a great place to chill out in nature.
What to know before booking:
- Mosquitoes are prevalent and them getting in the bungalow is unavoidable.... One prior guest mentioned that a mosquito net is crucial. Bring bug spray as well!
- You must be animal-friendly. Cats, dogs and other critters are around. Remember it's their home too!
- The property is 2-hours away from the airport so consider the cost for the transfer. Location is the only category that the Hideout Lightroom scores a 4.5/5. For everything else they have impeccable ratings.
- If you are looking for 5-star luxury – look and book elsewhere!
- No full-service kitchen. You do have a mini kitchenette with essentials.
- The bathroom is partially outdoors.
Interested in staying at this Airbnb and having us design your entire trip to Bali?
Check out the rest of our favorite Airbnbs in Bali!
If you love the aesthetic of the Hideout Lightroom but it's not available for your travel dates, check out their sister property – Hideout Bali. It's just as cool!