Dream Bucket List Adventure In London At The Athenaeum
Friendly, five-star treatment overlooking royal Green Park
BOOK THIS TRIP
6 Night Vacation from $3701 per couple
All rates and availability are subject to change prior to booking.
Enter your contact information to personalize this trip!
In the heart of Mayfair, The Athenaeum, one of London’s few family run five-star hotels, boasts a proudly independent personality. The bold new look, by leading British agency Kinnersley Kent Design, perfectly expresses that spirit throughout, from its spectacular new architectural double storey lobby and lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows giving the impression of being in, rather than opposite, Green Park. Outside, the new Terrace is one of the few outdoor dining areas on Piccadilly. In a move to be one of the first London five-star hotels of its size to offer a seamless and state of the art check-in, the modernised Athenaeum offers a personalised and efficient welcome with iPad meet and greet replacing the traditional reception desk.
The opening of the new GALVIN AT THE ATHENAEUM restaurant and THE BAR AT THE ATHENAEUM is a ‘first ever’ partnership for Michelin-starred London chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin. They are at the food and beverage helm throughout the hotel - from breakfast through to dinner, Afternoon Tea, Private Dining and 24/7 In Room Dining. Known for their impeccable seasonally driven and market leading cuisine, acclaimed restaurateurs Chris and Jeff Galvin showcase their favourite dishes, alongside new ones created for The Athenaeum, using British producers’ home grown produce.
A permanent fixture in glamorous Mayfair since 1849, The Athenaeum - comprising of 134 rooms, 12 suites, 18 residences and ‘The Penthouse Suite’ - takes pride in its individuality. The re-design serves to strengthen this philosophy by honouring the hotel’s heritage with everything carefully chosen to complement and emphasise its award-winning ‘one of a kind’ spirit.
Twelve spacious suites provide the ultimate in comfort and relaxation in central Mayfair with views across Royal Green Park. Most include king-size four-poster beds with Hypnos mattresses and open plan or separate sitting rooms. The Penthouse Suite in particular offers one of the best panoramic 180 degree skyline views in London from a large balcony across the parks to a sweep of Royal architecture including Buckingham Palace.
On Piccadilly, opposite Green Park and near Hyde Park. Moments from Shepherd’s Market and the rest of Mayfair. Close to Buckingham Palace and all the historic and cultural locations of interest including the Royal Academy of Art,the Handel House Museum, the Burlington Arcade, Savile Row and Berkeley Square.
- The hotel partners with a luxury tour company to give guests an insider’s peek at London landmarks like Buckingham Palace, Churchill War Rooms and Westminster Abbey
- Enjoy the nearby parks, Green Park, St Jame’s Park and Hyde Park, with a little help from the Athenaeum: borrow a bike for a leisurely ride, grab a kite or scatter birdseed from your picnic blanket
- If you have money to burn, there’s no better destination than the hotel’s Mayfair neighborhood, where celebs frequent Burberry, Louis Vuitton and Tiffany & Co.
When your neighbor is Buckingham Palace, it’s a sure bet you’re in a good area. Throw in close proximity to Hyde Park and the West End’s theatres and shopping districts, you may not consider staying anywhere else.
London is most famous for its historic monuments and landmarks. By all means, check out the marvels you’ve only read about, but don’t forget the amazing museums, galleries and plays. And if the weather holds, while away an afternoon at the 350-acre Hyde Park, adjacent to the Athenaeum.
Glamorous, playful, relaxed yet professional.
The Athenaeum, a family-run five-star hotel that offers a delightfully English, relaxed, yet professional service to ensure your stay is individual.
- THE BAR retains the famous whisky collection, alongside a range of pioneering craft spirits and Signature Cocktails created by renowned Italian bartender Giancarlo Mancino
- Privacy seekers can skip the hotel lobby—the Residences have their own front door
- Art dotted throughout the hotel is by turns witty, striking and even a bit naughty
Following a multi-million-pound refurbishment and with Michelin-starred chefs The Galvin Brothers at the culinary helm, The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences and Apartments want to be your second home in London. But unless you’ve got a full staff to wait on you hand and foot, this is even better than your own house. The family-owned boutique specializes in “nothing is too much trouble” service while also offering the amenities of a grand hotel. Definitely the best of both worlds.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS PROPERTY
The hotel’s style is thoroughly modern and unapologetically British
An immense vertical garden stretches over the eight-story exterior, attracting locals and visitors alike with its eye-catching biodiversity
- Putting on a good Afternoon Tea is something The Athenaeum has down to a fine art. The Galvin Brothers’ modern British Afternoon Tea showcases the country’s very best ingredients
- Renowned for its VIP treatment of young guests, the hotel has a dedicated Kids’ Concierge who stocks their favorite books and movies, as well as cookies and milk at turndown
Guests have plenty of options within Athenaeum’s 164 rooms, suites and residences. Stay for one night or a year. Cozy up in a standard room or spread out in a suite. “Contemporary and luxurious” are the best ways to describe the bedrooms, and many have views over Green Park. Upgrade to a suite, and you get an open floor plan with a separate sitting room. Then there’s the Penthouse Suite, which is big enough to entertain in, with spectacular 180 degree views over the London skyline from a private balcony.
We love that the entire hotel is just so British. THE BAR is elegant, stylish and intimate with unique Signature Cocktails. Delicious all day dining in ‘Galvin at The Athenaeum’ by Michelin-starred Chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin, use the best of seasonal British ingredients and the afternoon tea is an absolute must. Guests can dine on one of the few outdoor terraces in Mayfair overlooking 40 acres of leafy royal Green Park
- 10% off best available rate
- a bottle of Champagne in room on arrival
- continental breakfast for two daily at Galvin at The Athenaeum
- complimentary Wi-Fi and water from the mini bar.
- Early check-in, late check out and an upgrade on check-in are subject to availability.
- If staying with us midweek, guests are invited to join us for the weekly guest cocktail party on Wednesday evening in THE BAR created by world renowned bartender Giancarlo Mancini.
SAMPLE FLIGHT ITINERARY
SAMPLE HOTEL RESERVATION
SAMPLE AIRPORT TRANSFERS
The hotel is about a 50 minute drive from the airport.
Estimated Total Cost Of 6-Night Vacation
- Round-trip flights for 2 adults: $984.72
- Hotel: $2416.21
- Round-trip airport transfers via taxi: $300
from $3701 per couple